Since graduating from Boston College Law School, Joe Connaughton has specialized in defending, advising, and training technology, education, healthcare, and staffing company employers in matters of litigation and litigation avoidance.
Joe particularly specializes in employee mobility and intellectual property matters, as well as defending employers in whistleblowing, wrongful termination, wage and hour, discrimination, and harassment matters throughout California. He also handles high-import commercial litigation for select clients.
Joe has successfully defended lawsuits to both juries and judges in California state and federal courts, as well as through state and federal administrative forums. He has also successfully represented clients through state and federal appellate processes and in arbitrations throughout California, nationally and internationally. He is also outside general counsel for Alliant International University.
Joe has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® every year since 2011. He was awarded "Top Attorney" status by the San Diego Daily Transcript annually since 2006 and has been named to San Diego Super Lawyers for Employment and Labor Law annually since 2007.
- Boston College Law School, J.D. 1993, cum laude
- Miami University (Ohio), B.S. 1990
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP - Partner; August 1998 - present
- Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich - Associate; September 1993 - July 1998
- All California state courts
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of California
- United States Supreme Court