Desi Kalcheva represents public and private employers in all aspects of workplace law matters, including employment litigation and preventative counseling. Desi practices in diverse areas involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour law and particularly enjoys disposition motion work.
Prior to joining the firm, Desi worked as an Associate at Jackson Lewis PC, a judicial extern to the Honorable William V. Gallo of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, a legal research assistant to Professor Orly Lobel, the Don Weckstein Professor of Employment and Labor Law at the University of San Diego School of Law, and a San Diego County Bar Association Diversity Fellow for Sempra Energy.
- University of San Diego, School of Law, J.D. 2017
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. Political Science, B.A. Humanities, 2014, Provost Honors
- Jackson Lewis, PC, Associate, December 2017 – May 2018; Summer Associate, May 2016 – August 2016
- Legal Research Assistant to Professor Orly Lobel, University of San Diego, School of Law, August 2015 – May 2017
- Judicial Extern, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, August 2015 – December 2015
- Law Clerk, Pope, Berger, Williams & Reynolds LLP, July 2015 – August 2015
- Legal Intern & SDCBA Diversity Fellow, Sempra Energy, May 2015 – August 2015
- All California state courts
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals