Dani Nguyen Franke represents California employers of all sizes in wage and hour, employment and related business litigation. She has defended single-plaintiff lawsuits, class and collective actions and agency investigations. Dani has also litigated trade secret, unfair competition and other complex business cases. Her experience includes the representation of several national financial and retail institutions.
Dani has litigated employment matters in California State and federal courts, as well as before arbitrators, mediators and administrative agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and Labor Department Division of Fair Labor Standards Enforcement, and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. She provides advice and counseling to employers on a wide range of workplace issues, including employee discipline and termination, workplace investigations, contractual disputes, and accommodation requests. Dani is also experienced in assisting employers with preparing or updating their policies and handbooks.
The California State Bar Association honored Dani with the Wiley W. Manual Award for Pro Bono Legal Services in 2010. She serves on the board of the National Conference of Vietnamese American Attorneys, and is active in the California Minority Counsel Program and the Vietnamese American Bar Association of Southern California. Dani has been named by her peers as a Southern California Super Lawyers "Rising Star" from 2013-2016 and 2018-2019.
Before joining the firm, Dani was an associate with the international law firm of Crowell & Moring, and boutique employment defense firms Kading Briggs (Orange County) and Sanchez & Amador (Los Angeles).
- University of California School of Law, Los Angeles, J.D., 2008
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Political Science and Mass Communications, 2005
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Associate, September 2016-present
- Sanchez & Amador LLP, Associate, June 2013-September 2016
- Kading Briggs LLP, Associate, April 2011-May 2013
- Crowell & Moring LLP, Associate, October 2008-March 2011
- All California state courts
- United States District Court, Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California