California Employment Law Update: Key HR Compliance Issues for Multi-State Employers Webinar
Friday, August 12, 2016
If you have employees in California, you’re constantly trying to keep up with the state’s crazy maze of complex, ever-changing, employee-friendly employment laws. And 2016 has brought several big changes that demand revisions to your HR policies and procedures.
That’s why it’s absolutely crucial to make sure you’re in full compliance with current HR laws in California—and to understand the changes to come.
On Friday, August 12, get up to speed on all things HR California at our comprehensive interactive webinar, California Employment Law Update: Key HR Compliance Issues for Multi-State Employers.
Noted employment lawyer Fred Plevin will teach you how to survive and thrive in the Golden State’s uniquely punishing legal environment. In just 75 minutes, you’ll learn how to get in California compliance with issues like:
- The new Fair Pay Act, the toughest state equal-pay law in the country
- How to reconcile California’s wage laws with the new federal overtime rules
- How to craft legal arbitration agreements in California, based on the new state Supreme Court ruling
- Update on state and local minimum wage and paid leave laws—what’s new … and what’s coming next
- New regulations this year that address the rights of transgender employees at work
- Key legislation to watch, including wage garnishment limits, limitations on inquiries about applicants’ prior pay, expanded right to time off, changes to the paid sick leave law, limits on E-Verify usage and predictable scheduling
- Lessons from key recent court cases involving disability, harassment, PAGA waivers, “on call” pay and more
- Plus YOUR specific questions on complying with California employment law
This webinar will summarize the latest laws, litigation and liabilities in California. If you don’t have employees in the Golden State, be aware that you could fall under California's complex web of labor laws if you send employees to work there.
Fred Plevin presented on this topic to rave reviews at this year's Labor & Employment Law Advanced Practices (LEAP) conference. Here's what the participants had to say:
- “Great overview. In depth.”
- “Good information to add to my toolkit.”
- “We always need this kind of update every year.”
- “Great information for me as a non-California employer. Helps me be proactive for upcoming legislation as it moves East.”
Now you can benefit from Fred’s expertise from the comfort of your office, and ask him your California law questions. And because this is a webinar, there is NO LIMIT to the number of colleagues – managers, supervisors, executives – that you can invite to join you.