Sierra is an experienced civil litigator whose practice is now focused primarily on providing practical advice, counsel and guidance to employers, in-house counsel, human resource personnel, and business owners in the realm of labor and employment law. She also regularly assists clients with risk management and mitigation, compliance, policy drafting and implementation, workplace investigations, early dispute resolution and in the general navigation of the many complexities of the employer-employee relationship in California. She is also certified as a Professional in Human Resources – California.
Sierra is very active in the local legal community. She is currently serving out a second term as the Chair of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association and is on the Board of Directors for the San Diego County Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the SDCBA. She is also a regular contributor to legal publications and frequently serves as a speaker for legal education programs and trainings for local organizations and business owners. Sierra is also involved with the San Diego community at large, including currently serving on the Board of the Foundation for the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation.
Prior to joining the firm, Sierra practiced business and employment litigation as a Partner at Schwartz Semerdjian and as Senior Counsel at Brown Law Group.
Having completed studies at the Libera Universita di Lingue Moderne in Milan, Italy; the Centro de Lenguas e Intercambio Cultura in Seville, Spain; the Institute for International and Comparative Law in Florence, Italy; and a work abroad program in Melbourne, Australia, Sierra is also a world travel enthusiast and is always plotting her next adventure abroad.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of Puget Sound, B.A. Psychology/English, 2000
- HR Certification Institute, CA Professional in Human Resources – California (PHRca), 2019
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Senior Counsel, October 2019 - present
- Brown Law Group, Senior Counsel, April 2019 - October 2019
- Schwartz Semerdjian Cauley & Moot LLP, Partner, January 2014 - April 2019; Associate March 2007 - December 2013
- Lorber Greenfield & Polito LLP, Associate, March 2005 - March 2007
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Judicial Intern and Law Clerk, Spring 2004
- All California State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- All United States District Courts in California