Sierra is an experienced litigation attorney whose practice now focuses on advice and counsel, training and compliance for employers in the realm of labor and employment law, including, guiding clients through the challenges of reductions in force & furloughs, remote work, sick and family leave, relief programs, unemployment claims, privacy issues, discrimination & accommodation concerns and return to work and reopening considerations. Additionally, she also provides assistance in drafting, updating and training related to workplace policies and procedures, including employee handbooks, risk management and prevention. Sierra is also experienced in providing advice and counsel and litigating matters related to harassment, discrimination & retaliation based on protected status, sexual harassment & hostile work environment, whistleblowing, accommodation and leave requests, employee discipline and termination decisions and wage & hour issues. She is also certified as a Professional in Human Resources – California.
Sierra is also very active in the local legal community, including membership in the San Diego County Bar Association, for she is currently the Chair of the Labor & Employment Law Section, and Lawyers Club of San Diego. She has also been a regular contributor to legal publications and frequently serves as a speaker for continuing legal education programs and as a provider of legal updates/training regarding labor and employment law to local community organizations and business owners. Sierra is also involved with the San Diego community at large, including, currently serving on the Board of the Foundation for the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of Puget Sound, B.A. Psychology/English, 2000
- HR Certification Institute, CA Professional in Human Resources – California (PHRca), 2019
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Senior Counsel, October 2019 - present
- Brown Law Group, Senior Counsel, April 2019 - October 2019
- Schwartz Semerdjian Cauley & Moot LLP, Partner, January 2014 - April 2019; Associate March 2007 - December 2013
- Lorber Greenfield & Polito LLP, Associate, March 2005 - March 2007
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Judicial Intern and Law Clerk, Spring 2004
- All California State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- All United States District Courts in California