Monique Matar focuses her employment practice on conducting and preparing clients for internal investigations and representing clients in single-plaintiff employment actions. She also provides clients with training programs and tools for proper internal investigation protocol in response to complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, workplace safety, and other issues. Notably, she provides training on California and Federal Anti-Harassment laws and requirements. Prior to joining the firm, Monique worked as an employment litigation associate at BakerHostetler, LLP.
Additionally, Monique provides strategic counsel through every step of litigation, including advising on necessary pre-litigation action, as well as litigation strategy and settlement negotiations. She has represented employers before the EEOC, Labor Commissioner, and CalOSHA. A creative problem-solver, Monique utilizes her experience to develop innovative solutions for her clients' distinctive matters.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D. 2017
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. 2012
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton, Associate, July 2020 – present
- BakerHostetler LLP, Associate, 2017 – 2020, Law Clerk, 2016– 2017, Summer Associate, 2016
- All California State Courts
- United States District Courts for all Districts of California