Kelly Kagan represents employers in academia, health, retail, and restaurant industries. Kelly counsels employers on employment issues, such as sexual harassment allegations and investigations, employee discipline, and wage and hour violations. Kelly also drafts and edits employee handbooks to help employers stay adrift of new employment laws. Additionally, she advocates for employers in a variety of matters, including discrimination, wage and hour violations, and equal pay allegations.
While in law school, Kelly served as a law clerk for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s San Diego office, externed with the San Diego Unified School District’s general counsel, and was a member of the San Diego Law Review. Kelly also published three papers on employment law issues during law school. Before turning to law, Kelly spent nearly 10 years in the retail industry, which provides additional real-world experience to her advice and litigation practice.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2019, concentrations in Employment and Labor Law and Business and Corporate Law
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., 2010, International Studies - Literature
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Associate, December 2020 – present; Law Clerk, Summer 2019
- Scientist.com, Legal Intern with General Counsel, Spring 2019
- San Diego Unified School District, Legal Extern with General Counsel, Fall 2018
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Law Clerk, Summer 2018