Joanne Alnajjar Buser works in the area of labor and employment law. Her experience includes the representation of employers in state and federal courts, arbitration, and administrative agencies. Joanne defends against charges of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour violations. In addition, she counsels clients about their employment practices, and drafts agreements and employee handbooks to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
Joanne has experience successfully litigating employment cases in both the single plaintiff and class action context. She also has extensive experience successfully defending universities against cases brought by students.
Joanne was named a "Rising Star" in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers lists as well as the 2012 and 2013 New York Metro Super Lawyers lists. She was also named to the San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar for 2016. For 2017, Joanne served as the Chair of the Labor & Employment Law Section for the San Diego County Bar Association. She also serves on the Board of Directors for Partnerships With Industry.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Michigan, B.A. in History, 2001
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Partner, January 2017 – present; Associate, January 2014 – December 2016
- Jones Day, New York, Associate, September 2009 - December 2013
- McDermott Will & Emery, New York Associate, September 2006 - September 2009; Summer Associate, May - August 2005
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Legal Unit Intern, June - August 2004
- All California state courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- All New York state courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York