Jennifer Yoon Jee Kim represents public and private employers in all areas of labor and employment litigation. She defends clients in litigation of claims for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, whistleblowing, and wage and hour violations in both the single plaintiff and class action context.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer worked as an associate at Greenberg Traurig LLP, where she represented companies in complex commercial litigation matters. Jennifer is also passionate about providing pro bono legal services. She has obtained asylum for an LGBTQ individual from El Salvador, represented a Chinese refugee in her appeal of the Board of Immigration Appeal’s decision to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and won in damages and rent credit for undocumented immigrants who were harassed by their landlord in violation of California’s Immigration Tenant Protection Act. In law school, Jennifer drafted an amicus brief to the Ninth Circuit, detailing stories of individual suffering from unlawful immigration detention, which was cited by the Ninth Circuit.
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in Political Science, 2010
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton, Associate, June 2020 to Present
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP, Associate, September 2017 to June 2020; Summer Associate, May 2016 to July 2016
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Goodwin Liu, California Supreme Court, May 2015 to July 2015
- All California State Courts
- United States District Court Central District of California