Doug Ottenwess represents public and private employers in all areas of labor and employment litigation. He advocates for employers in a variety of matters, including claims for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, whistleblowing, and wage and hour violations in both the single plaintiff and class action context.
Prior to joining the firm, Doug clerked for the Hon. Roger T. Benitez, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Before his clerkship, Doug served as a Navy JAG for ten years. He represented Sailors as defense counsel at felony level courts-martial and earned substantial post-conviction and interlocutory relief for clients on appeals to the Navy-Marine Corps Court of Appeals and Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. Doug also served as a staff legal advisor at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Georgia and for Naval Special Warfare Command in Coronado, California.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. 2010
- Grand Valley State University, B.A. Political Science, 2007
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Associate, August 2022 – present
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Roger T. Benitez, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, August 2021-August 2022
- United States Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps: January 2011-August 2021
- All California State Courts
- All Colorado State Courts
- All Michigan State Courts
- Supreme Court of the United States