Camille Gustafson counsels employers on day-to-day employment matters such as terminations, leaves of absences, wage-and-hour compliance, investigating and responding to complaints of harassment and discrimination, and responding to requests for accommodation. She advises employers regarding new legal developments and drafts policies to ensure compliance.
In addition to counseling, Camille has successfully litigated a number of employment-related cases, with a focus on wage-and-hour and PAGA litigation. Camille also represents employers before governmental agencies such as the EEOC, DFEH, and the California Labor Commissioner.
Prior to joining the firm, Camille served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judith McConnell, California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, and for the Honorable Anthony Battaglia, United States District Court. She also worked as a law clerk for the Employee Rights Center and the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program.
In addition, Camille has nearly 20 years of professional experience in marketing, communication, and development. She has extensive experience with non-profit organizations and the hospitality industry.
- California Western School of Law, J.D., January 2014, cum laude, concentration in Labor and Employment
- Virginia Tech, B.A, Communication, 1994
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Partner January 2022 – present; Associate, August 2014 – December 2021
- Honorable Judith McConnell, Presiding Justice, California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Judicial Extern, Summer 2013 and Spring 2014
- Honorable Anthony Battaglia, United States District Court for the Southern District of California, Judicial Extern, Fall 2013
- All California state courts
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California