The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about dramatic changes in every aspect of our work and personal lives. For employers, the pandemic creates many sudden and unique challenges requiring them to quickly digest complicated new laws and regulations, pivot to a remote workplace model, reduce staffing, and deal with employees who may have been exposed, among many others.
- June 17, 2021: Health & Safety Board Adopts, and Governor Newsom Expedites, New CA COVID-19 Workplace Safety Rules
- June 10, 2021: Updates to Cal/OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards for the Workplace Put on Hold, Once Again, Because of Conflicts with Other Public Health Guidance
- June 4, 2021: Health & Safety Board Approves Long-Awaited Updates to Cal/OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) for the Workplace
- March 22, 2021: New California Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Law Takes Effect March 29
- March 12, 2021: Creating a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy - Worth a Shot?
- December 28, 2020: Top Five Legal Changes and New Compliance Obligations for California Employers In The New Year
- December 2, 2020: Cal/OSHA’s Newly Approved Emergency Temporary Standards RE: COVID-19 Call for Immediate Action by Employers
- October 9, 2020: California Significantly Expands Its Family and Medical Leave Law: Small Employers Are Now Covered & All Employers Have New Obligations
- September 16, 2020: U.S. Department of Labor Implements Minor Revisions To Its Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) Regulations
- September 15, 2020: Governor Newsom Signs Bill Expanding COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
- July 23, 2020: DOL Issues New Guidance Regarding FFCRA, FLSA, and FMLA
- July 2, 2020: DOL Issues Guidance on Summer Camps and Child Labor
- June 18, 2020: EEOC Clarifies that Employers May Not Require COVID-19 Antibody Tests as a Condition of Employment
- June 16, 2020: Title VII Protects LGBTQ Individuals; New COVID-19 Guidance from EEOC
- May 11, 2020: New Workplace Rules for San Diego County and New Guidance from the EEOC
- April 22, 2020: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Updated Guide for Employers
- April 22, 2020: Governor Newsom Announces Paid Sick Leave For Food Service Workers
- April 20, 2020: San Francisco and San Jose Pass Emergency Paid Sick Leave Laws
- April 11, 2020: The CARES Act: Three New Unemployment Programs for California Employees
- April 8, 2020: Los Angeles Issues Emergency Paid Sick Leave Order
- April 7, 2020: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Summary Of The New Law, Implementing Regulations & Interpretive Guidance To Date
- April 3, 2020: IRS Issues Q&A Guidance of FFCRA Tax Credits
- March 22, 2020: Emergency Coronavirus Legislation – Key Questions And Answers
- March 18, 2020: California Employers Get Relief From Strict WARN Act Obligations
- March 2, 2020: What Should Employers Do Regarding the Coronavirus, COVID-19?
Not a subscriber? Sign up for PPSC's E-Update to get comprehensive analysis of the latest developments in labor and employment law.
PPSC has a dedicated COVID-19 response team and is committed to assisting our valued clients through these challenging and fast-changing times.