DISCLAIMER - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or otherwise use the Website located at www.paulplevin.com (the "Website"). The Website is owned by Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP (“PPSC”). We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use and display the Website and the materials provided hereon, provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
1. No Legal Advice or Attorney-Client Relationship. We provide this Website for general informational purposes only and it is not intended to provide legal advice. PPSC is a law firm and some of the information on the Website relates to legal topics. By using the Website, you agree that the information on this Website does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and PPSC. The Website is not intended as, and should not be used as, a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state based on specific facts and circumstances. The information on the Website may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct or up-to-date, and PPSC will not be responsible for any damage or loss related to the inaccuracy, incompleteness or lack of timeliness of the information. The opinions expressed at or through the Website are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney. Any prior results of cases listed on the Website do not guarantee a similar outcome.
2. Use in other jurisdictions. PPSC attorneys practice primarily in California. PPSC makes no representation that materials on this Website are applicable in jurisdictions other than California. This Website is not a substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction. This Website is not intended as a solicitation for legal work nor is it intended as an advertisement in any state where PPSC lawyers are not admitted to practice law. PPSC does not intend to, and will not, seek or assume the representation of any clients from states where the materials on the Website do not comply with State Bar requirements and where a potential client engagement is generated as a result of the Website.
3. Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory shall PPSC, or its employees, partners, or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering this Website’s content, be liable to you or others for any loss or injury, or any damages, whether direct, special, indirect, punitive, incidental, exemplary, consequential, or otherwise, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, resulting from your access or use of this Website or its content, or damages caused to you or others by viruses contained within electronic files of this Website or any linked site, regardless of prior notice to us. You hereby waive any and all such claims against PPSC, its employees, partners, principals, and any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering this Website and its contents. You agree that the limitations set forth above are fundamental elements of this agreement, and that the Website and its materials would not be provided to you absent such limitations.
4. Applicable Laws; Venue. PPSC operates the Website from its offices in California and makes no representations that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the Website alone does not subject PPSC to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the Website from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Website from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may not use or export any of the Website materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the Website or to the Website materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of this Website shall be filed only in the appropriate state or federal court located within the State of California. The access, viewing or use of this Website constitutes the user's express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of California for purposes of such actions.
5. Opt Out Policy. The Website provides users the opportunity to opt out of submitting personal information to PPSC at the point where PPSC requests information about the visitor. You can always decline to provide personal information to PPSC.
7. Copyright Notice. All materials and software published on or used on the Website are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by or licensed to PPSC, or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. You may download any downloadable materials displayed on the Website only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes, provided that the documents are not modified and provided you maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material. Copyright © 2016 Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP. All Rights Reserved.