Melissa Listug Klick has exclusively represented employers for more than ten years. She regularly advises clients on leaves of absence, discrimination and harassment issues, accommodation issues, wage and hour issues, layoffs, and workplace safety concerns. She has extensive experience representing employers in front of judges, arbitrators, and juries throughout California.
Melissa has litigated a myriad of employment disputes. She has successfully obtained defense judgment through summary judgment or trial involving claims of defamation, contract, harassment, wage and hour, discrimination, accommodation, retaliation, and leaves of absence. In addition to her extensive trial experience, she has argued before state, federal, and appellate courts on behalf of small and large employers.
Melissa also provides training to human resources groups and employers on a wide spectrum of employment issues. She regularly trains on leave issues, harassment issues, new developments, and effective Human Resources and management.
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Of Counsel, March 2013 – Present; Associate, January 2004 – March 2013
- The Honorable Judge Jonathan Lebedoff, Chief Magistrate for the District of Minnesota, Judicial Extern, Fall 2002
- Rider, Bennett, Egan & Arundel, Summer Associate, Summer 2002
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2003, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 1999, summa cum laude
- All California state courts
- All Minnesota state courts
- All United States District Courts in California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit