Markie Jorgensen represents public and private employers in all areas of labor and employment litigation. She advocates for employers in a variety of matters, including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour violations, in the individual plaintiff and class action context.
Prior to joining the firm, Markie worked as an associate at Cooley LLP, where she represented research institutions, corporations, and technology companies in employment, insurance, intellectual property, securities, and complex commercial litigation matters. While in law school, Markie served as the Managing Editor of the UC Davis Law Review.
- UC Davis School of Law, J.D. 2017, Order of the Coif
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, BA, cum laude, 2013
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton, Associate, March 2019 - present
- Cooley LLP, Associate, 2017-2019
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, Summer Associate, 2016
- All California state courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California