Kara Siegel represents employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour disputes, trade secrets matters, and class actions. Kara also advises clients regarding their employment practices and legal obligations and drafts employee policies to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
Before joining Paul Plevin, Kara was an associate at Dewey Pegno & Kramarsky LLP, where she represented clients in complex litigation and arbitration involving employment law, intellectual property, securities, real estate, and corporate ownership. Kara also served as staff attorney to U.S. Magistrate Judges Jean P. Rosenbluth, Douglas F. McCormick, and Karen E. Scott in the Central District of California.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. 2006
- Washington State University, M.B.A. 2001
- University of Chicago, A.B. 1997
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Associate, January 2016 - present
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, Staff Attorney, September 2013 – December 2015
- Dewey Pegno & Kramarsky LLP, Associate, July 2007 – August 2013
- Curtis Mallet Prevost Colt & Mosle LLP, Associate, September 2006 – July 2007; Summer Associate, June 2005 – August 2005
- All California state courts
- All New York state courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York