Freyaan Karanjia represents public and private employers in administrative claims and all aspects of labor and employment litigation in both state and federal court. Frey has experience defending clients including major healthcare institutions, construction corporations, and temporary staffing agencies in suits for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour disputes. Frey also counsels clients on a variety of employment matters and developments in the legal landscape.
Prior to joining the firm, Frey was an associate in the Los Angeles office of Reed Smith LLP, where she represented pharmaceutical companies, corporations, and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation and products liability matters. Frey has served as a Writing Advisor in the UCLA Law School Lawyering Skills Program, and has also worked on legal issues affecting incarcerated women and children in conjunction with the UCLA Health and Human Rights Project and Just Detention International.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. in International Studies, magna cum laude, 2009
- University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 2012
- John Muir College Caledonian Honors Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honors Society
- Muir College Provost's Honors
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Associate, June 2014 – present
- Reed Smith LLP, Associate, January 2013 – June 2014; Summer Associate, 2011
- Just Detention International, Postgraduate Fellow, 2012 – 2013
- HIV/AIDS Legal Services Alliance, Law Clerk, 2010
- All California state courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California