Freyaan Karanjia represents public and private employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation, including discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination claims, wage and hour disputes, and class actions. She is a passionate and proactive litigator who specializes in dispositive motion work and enjoys finding creative ways to eliminate claims against clients early in litigation. Freyaan has particular experience representing temporary staffing agencies, hospitality clients, and health care employers, including medical groups, hospitals and physicians, in both state and federal court as well as other administrative proceedings. Freyaan also counsels a wide range of employers on all aspects of their daily employment practices and other developments in the legal landscape.
Prior to joining the firm, Freyaan was an associate in the Los Angeles office of Reed Smith LLP, where she represented pharmaceutical companies, corporations, and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation and products liability matters. Freyaan has served as a Writing Advisor in the UCLA Law School Lawyering Skills Program, and has also worked on legal issues affecting incarcerated women and children in conjunction with the UCLA Health and Human Rights Project and Just Detention International.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. in International Studies, magna cum laude, 2009
- University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 2012
- John Muir College Caledonian Honors Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honors Society
- Muir College Provost's Honors
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Associate, June 2014 – present
- Reed Smith LLP, Associate, January 2013 – June 2014; Summer Associate, 2011
- Just Detention International, Postgraduate Fellow, 2012 – 2013
- HIV/AIDS Legal Services Alliance, Law Clerk, 2010
- All California state courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California