Amr Shabaik represents employers of various sizes in all aspects of employment litigation in both state and federal courts, including suits for wage and hour, misclassification, retaliation, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claims. Amr has also successfully represented employers against charges alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation and unpaid wages brought by state and federal agencies including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Amr has extensive experience advising and counseling California and national employers regarding compliance with a wide range of employment laws, legal developments, and workplace issues. He is also experienced in drafting and revising employee handbooks, severance agreements, arbitration agreements and workplace policies in compliance with state and federal employment laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Amr was a labor and employment associate at Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp in Los Angeles where he participated in the firm’s diversity and inclusion committee.
- University of Southern California School of Law, J.D. 2012
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. Ethnic Studies, 2007
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Associate, January 2017 – present
- Mitchell, Silberberg & Knupp, Associate, October 2012 - November 2016; Summer Associate, Summer 2011
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Dale Fischer, United States District Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles
- All California state courts